Copper Center | South Central

Copper Center is one of the oldest white communities in Alaska’s Interior. Andrew Holman was its first resident, establishing a temporary roadhouse near the site in July 1898 to provide shelter for prospectors on their way to the Klondike It later served as a transportation center for the gold rush prospectors who came over the old Richardson Trail enroute to the Forty Mile area and Dawson City.